[Dixielandjazz] RE: Kenny & friends

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Fri Feb 3 00:34:45 PST 2006

Bill Haesler, in a private note, pointed out to me that my comment about
Kenny Ball playing I Can't Get Started on the live CD I was enjoyed last
night, was actually Ball's invited guest, Kenny Baker playing!   :>

There are scarce notes on the CD, but using a reading glass (!) brought to
my eyes what my ears should have told me!  I will admit that I noticed a
different tone on that tune, but thought Ball was styling the song
differently.

So, not one, but two great trumpeters on that CD.  If anyone sees it in a
shop, buy it!

Jim