[Dixielandjazz] Marketing to "Agents" for Seasoned Citizens

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Sat Dec 30 09:40:36 PST 2006

Steve's earlier post today about staff bringing their families in to hear
his group gives me two further thoughts.  Sometimes when selling yourself,  it
is good to help the facility understand how they in turn can use you for  their
own marketing.  These places have Open Houses, etc. in which they are
selling their facility.  Get booked for such events.  Or what  better time for them
to encourage potential applicants to visit than when you  are entertaining?
Help them know that.

Sending along a long link (don't know how to do tiny url) to a newspaper
article that's right on topic if you desire to market to these facilities.
Include the article or something similar in your promo package.

>_http://www.remindernewspapers.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?Skin=Putn
am&BaseHref=PUT/2006/11/10&ViewMode=GIF&EntityID=Ar01900&Url=ReminderNewspaper
s.com&Ti=11-10-06%20-Families%20care%20for%20loved%20ones%20with%20Alzheimerâ?
?s_
(http://www.remindernewspapers.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?Skin=Putnam&BaseHref=PUT/2006/11/10&ViewMode=GIF&EntityID=Ar01900&Url=ReminderNewspa
pers.com&Ti=11-10-06%20-Families%20care%20for%20loved%20ones%20with%20Alzheime
r) <

And a by-the-way on Activity Director budgets.  They do have all kinds  of
watch dogs that look at the paper documentation on how they used their
budget--not just their own management, but also the various certifiers and
accreditors.  I have walked and set through many an accreditation and  Medicare
assessment in hospitals back in my working years.  You would be  quite amazed at what
they ask to see and indeed do pore over with Bill Bailey's  fine tooth comb.

Ginny