[Dixielandjazz] Everybody don´t know / Lily of the Valley lyrics

Ingemar Wågerman gota_river at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 30 09:49:43 PST 2006

The first  recording of Lily of the Valley with vocal was Rev.F.W. Mc Gee,
who sang one chorus "Everybody don´t know" (2x) "who Jesus is" (2x) - not
the "He´s the Lily of the Valley" part. The first recording with complete
vocal as far as I know was in George Lewis Oxford  Series part 12 with vocal
by Joe Watkins. Does anybody know any earlier recordings with vocal? I still
don´t know the origin of the refrain.

I have found 140 recordings of the "Traditional" Lily of the Valley. I guess
there are more! Please contact me off-list for a list of recordings!

A Happy New Year to all members

Ingemar Wagerman
Gota River Jazzmen
Gothenburg Sweden