[Dixielandjazz] FW: Museum Piece music

Charles Suhor csuhor at zebra.net
Fri Dec 29 10:03:36 PST 2006

Interesting that in New Orleans, one of the first acknowledgments by an
Establishment institution that jazz was valuable and not a blot on the
city was the Jazz ARCHIVE at Tulane in 1958.  And the Jazz MUSEUM
opened in 1961. It took longer than that for the living music to be the
boast abd the toast of the town.

Charlie