[Dixielandjazz] Meet me in St Louis, Lewis (was .Why guitar, notbanjo?/Tubas, too)

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Tue Dec 26 19:08:15 PST 2006

In many things the Midwest is ignored - the vast hinterland as it were.
Musically anyway the Midwest is more or less ignored and many of the best
musicians are FROM here but don't live here.  Since we lost our
international airport status it's even more so.  The great cultural centers
aren't here unless you count Branson.  TV shows aren't made here and TV
shows never have titles like SLPD Blue.  Even though we have the highest
crime rate we can't even make COPS.

We are the hole in the donut.  We are the area that is flown over.  Like
Brigadoon we rise out of the mist every four years to see if we are a red or
blue state.  After everyone finds out our color we recede in the mist kind
of like groundhog day.
Larry
St. Louis