[Dixielandjazz] Where will the music be seen/heard?

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Sun Dec 10 09:19:24 PST 2006

On a slight tangent from the gist of the article Steve posted on this  topic.
 My crystal ball indicates that copyright laws that in any way  resembles
what's been in the last 100 years will not exist in the foreseeable  future.
Feeling philosophical this a.m.  But if one looks at what's  been happening on
Planet Earth since we've been here, it is a steady  progression of individuals
who will, by god, find a way to share and communicate  without waiting for the
rule on how they can do so.  Gives me hope!

Yes, I know folks may need, and they certainly want, protection of
intellectual property as a means to access money and resources.  But  just maybe we
need to keep sticking our heads further out of the box as to how  we can protect
and provide resources sans copyright law.  Look at how much  unions have
changed, and for many, became irrelevant, in this same time  period.  When you look
around what do you see replacing them?   Something is, or you wouldn't be
working and eating.
Ginny