[Dixielandjazz] Sacramento Jazz Jubilee Changes name

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Wed Aug 30 07:58:44 PDT 2006

Effective August 28, 2006, the STJS (Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society)
Board of Directors voted to change the name of the  Sacramento Jazz Jubilee
to "Sacramento Jazz Festival."

Originally, 34 years ago, the name was "Old Sacramento Dixieland jubilee."
When we began to expand out of Old Sacramento, the word "Old" was dropped.

Later, when we began to include other forms of Jazz,  the word "Dixieland"
was changed to "jazz."

Plans are coming along nicely for the 34th Annual Sacramento Jazz Festival,
may 25-28.  We, once again will have the use of the parking lot at Raley
Field for RV'ers.  Plans are to have a RV venue at that location, besides
the two venues inside the ball park.

As those RV'ers who were here last year know, this RV location is much more
accessible to the rest of the festival, being only a short walk to Old
Sacramento.  There will be shuttles available also.

Don't forget the DJML Bloody Mary Party, 10:00 AM Friday may 25, 2007,
Location TBA.  unless there are any complications, we expect to have the BMP
at the Delta King in Old Sacramento as it has been for the past few years.
I suggest that those of you coming from out of town, come in Thursday so as
to not miss the BMP on Friday morning.

I am not sure how much info is on the Festival site yet but keep checking
http://www.sacjazz.com

For info on the STJS, http://www.sacjazz.org

BTW- the sacjazz.org site is maintained by DJML's own Nancy Giffin.

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
916/806-9551
www.ringwald.com
--
Leader, The Fulton Street Jazz Band
www.fultonstreetjazz.com

A good friend will help you move.
a REALLY good friend will help you move the body.