[Dixielandjazz] trombone slide lubricants

W T wtrav333 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 24 19:21:03 PDT 2006

What do you 'bone players out there use these days for slide lubricant?

I have finally settled on Bach slide cream...has the advantages of cold
cream, but doesn't seem to dry out. The slide can be wiped and the cream
reapplied without cleaning. I gave up on UK's Trtombonetine after 40+ years.

One things I picked up in the last couple of years...use distilled water,
not tap water, to spray on (I either found that on line or got it from Dan
Barret...can't remember for sure. Like most 'bone p-lares, my greeting to
other trombonists is, "Hey, how are you?" (hand shake) "What are you using
on your slide these days?"

Wayne Travillion
Oregon Jazz Band