[Dixielandjazz] Re: Red Nichols on YouTube

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Aug 21 17:20:21 PDT 2006

Dear Don, Gary and friends,
I'm out of lurk mode for a minute.
The clarinet player in the YouTube Red Nichols clip is Pee Wee Russell.
No doubt in my mind as no one else looks and sounds like him.
An earlier comment that it is a pity that Miff Mole is missing is because he
left Nichols and the 'jazz/popular music' scene in late 1928-early 1929 to
join the studio clique.
At the moment my files are scattered around the house following the
extensive repairs and renovations, but I am sure that I have the full
personnel for this clip somewhere.
More later in the week. I hope.
Kind regards,
Bill.