[Dixielandjazz] Mini Trombone/Slide Trumpet

Steve & Cathy Pendleton bestofbreed at alltel.net
Sun Aug 20 19:01:26 PDT 2006

I had never heard of this instrument before, when I saw one one Bay.  Made
by Jupiter, it is the size of a trumpet with trumpet mouthpiece and
trombone-style slide, but no tuning slide.  Tuning is accomplished by
turning a thumb screw at the base of the bell to vary pitch.

I should have bid on it when I had the chance.  Has anyone seen or owned one
of these?  I was captured by it, and the ham in me would love to have one in
a trad jazz setting, so I could have a shtick, and some fun with the
audience.  If you know someone who sells them, please let me know.

Steve Pendleton

Trombone
A bit North of Atlanta