[Dixielandjazz] Music as COMMUNICATION

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Sun Aug 20 10:17:27 PDT 2006

Hummmm!!!

Just think WWW IT WOULD BE IF GOVERNMENTS FUNDED MUSIC LIKE THEY DO
MILITARY ORGANIZATIONS, we could finally perhaps fight all wars and
settle all disputes by sending our best musicians to musically battle
it out on stages in front of all the citizenry, wow! talk about Some
cutting contests.  :))   Nobody would want to fight they would rather
Dance, or just chill out and listen to good music, drink good wine and
maybe reinstate nice wholesome Orgy revivals and stage more great Love
Ins :))  Heck it worked for the Italians for a long time didn't it?

At the end of the performance the audience could vote and the winners
and the losers could all go home and practice for a musical battle with
the next country, and maybe practice harder for the next war or train
their kids to be better for a chance at it again later.  Hey it works
for the 4 -H clubs, and most sporting activities even though we do get
some unfriendly rivalries from time to time but we have ways to remedy
that, take them out of the sport and banish them to playing accordion
or washboard only.

If we could find enough musicians who could actually see eye to eye and
hear ear to ear and not want to fight about it and start swinging
instruments of mass destruction at each other on stage.

Almost all children will play well together, if just allowed to do so,
Hatred is taught and or brainwashed into youth, by their parents, and
peers and even educators and the media, not inherited.   One would
think that after centuries we as humans would have evolved enough to
understand that and alter our teachings to our young.

Musical content:  "Let's work together"  every man woman and child,
then WWW it truly could be.

Rev. Tom Bob  First church of just play nice