[Dixielandjazz] European Jazz Bands

BettyLynch at aol.com BettyLynch at aol.com
Fri Aug 18 15:54:19 PDT 2006

In a message dated 8/17/2006 1:58:30 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
ronald_wheeler at bellsouth.net writes:

Is  anyone on the list familiar with Le Petit Jazzband de
Monsieur  Morel?

Yes, we are.  In addition to Delta Bound (Stomp Off CD1344) they have  at
least three others on Stomp Off:  au  Petit Journal Saint Michel CD 1362,
Farewell  Blues CD1343 and Baby, CD 1403.  We saw them live in Paris during a visit
in April, 2004 at Le Petit Journal Saint Michel, a good restaurant  with a
friendly, mostly French audience,  most of whom speak English.  We had a nice
conversation with Mr. Morel  (whose English is almost as bad as my French) at
the bar after the last  set.

This  band is very good, but not better than our very good American bands
{:-).

Gene &  Betty Lynch
Redondo Beach, CA