[Dixielandjazz] opening a can of worms

Cees van den Heuvel heu at bart.nl
Wed Aug 16 04:28:47 PDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Gunter" <jazzboard at hotmail.com>
To: <dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 7:00 AM
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] opening a can of worms

> 1.  This has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with OKOM
>
> 2.  U.S. Citizens know more about the rest of the planet than the citrizens
> of any other nation--

if one compares citizens of equivalent education and
> intelligence.

*Strange comparison....this way you can manipulate every survey.
(E.G. Scottish people are the tallest compared to
other people in the world wearing kilts..)

> And Cees Van den Heuvel writes:
>
>>I found out there's
>>a lot of  unjustified patriotism in the U.S.A. I think the level of jazz in
>>Europe is  much higher than in the U.S.A. Most bands in Europe
>>are just superiour to  U.S.A.-bands.

> And where, pray tell, does one find this information?  If you'll pardon the
> expression, such sweeping generalizations are total bullshit.

*Yes, but look at your point 2 above

> Furthermore, my old man can beat up your old man!!

*Now we're talking! Name time and place!

> Respectfully submitted,
>
> Bill "Where do you people come up with this crap?" Gunter

* Thesis=the beginning of investigation  Calling something crap=standstill or the result of investigation.

Cees "Dutch Disease" van den Heuvel