[Dixielandjazz] Letter to the Editor

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Mon Aug 14 05:12:37 PDT 2006

Hal Vickery wrote:

>... You can be handicapped and not need the use of a walker or a wheelchair.

So true.  Very few people know that I am partially sighted.  I can
legally carry a white cane, but choose not to.  Alas, I can't see the
stage beyond the third row.  I wonder if there are ADA laws that would
let me sit up front.  However, I would probably never use them as I feel
that if I don't show up early enough to get a good seat on my own, tant
pis pour moi.

I support you all the way Judy.

Last year, I saw Connie Baker, on two occasions, chew out volunteers in
the open for the masses to see.  I don't think the festival's rudeness
is directed only at the handicapped.

All the best, Gary