[Dixielandjazz] "Smooth Jazz', etc.

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Fri Aug 11 09:19:30 PDT 2006

Spoken like a real professional musician RODDY,  there indeed is a lot
of good music to be played that is not Necessarily within the
boundaries of what many of our esteemed listmates consider to be Their
kind of music,   Different strokes for different folks and to each his
own.   Being well versed enough to earn a living as a musician in this
world speaks for itself,, and those that can do and many who can't
often criticize those who do or worse yet teach others how to do what
they have never done..  Such is life in the music world. :))

The only time a sideman wants to be Leader is on pay day :))   Ahhh but
a disgruntled lot we be.  Never happy unless we have something or
somebody to bitch about :))   If Life sucks, try making some Lemonade
:))

Sheer foolishness in many cases. :))

Tally Ho,

Tom Wiggins   ( who played some pretty smooth Jazz before they called
it smooth anyway as did many others on this list. )  I think they
called them ballads in those days, and how about WWW, or STRANGERS ON
THE SHORE,   if that ain't Smooth Jazz I don't know what is,