[Dixielandjazz] Surprise for Elazar Re-inforcements are on the way :))

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Fri Aug 11 00:52:34 PDT 2006

Hey Elazar: we are coming to play for your Birthday Party whenever it
is as long as you celebrate it the last week of August :))

Grab your banjo and head South young man,

Saint Gabriel's Celestial Brass Band has been asked to come and perform
As "Ambassadors of New Orleans Music" at the RED SEA JAZZ FESTIVAL in
Eilat, Aug. 28, 30th 2006, as the replacement act for the Headline Act
this year "Preservation Hall Jazz Band" who is afraid to travel to
Israel because of the hostilities in the North and canceled their
appearance,  what a shame, but hello! Opportunity knocks every day for
those who get up and answer the door.

Since they want us to play Traditional Style New Orleans music to be in
their minds a suitable replacement for PH, I have altered our normal
guys, several of whom had the same reservations as PHJB, and invited
several other successful DJML bandleaders to join me for the trip. And
they have graciously accepted and agreed to go.   I am attempting to
get the Festival to record our shows live so keep your fingers crossed.
   Even if they don't I will probably figure out a way to capture this
monumental event  for posterity anyway. :)

Steve Barbone will come along on Clarinet, Paul Grant on Trumpet, Bob
Romans on trumpet/cornet, Johnny Wilder on Piano/Banjo, Buddy Apfel on
Tuba/Bass/T-Bone and Myself and James Levi on drums and percussion, and
one of our multi instrumentalist regulars Marc Bolin who plays
Tuba/Trombone & Bass as well. Heck I may even play some washboard :))

We will do a tribute to the Original PHJB who I am certain would have
gone in a heartbeat. Should prove to be a great excursion indeed and
some super high energy DIXIELAND FIRE IN THE BELLY FOR SURE.   We will
no doubt feature Paul "Satchmo" Grant on a tribute to Louis sometime in
the program as well.

    I am looking forward to hanging out with some of my DJML buddies and
expanding  the audience for Traditional Jazz even further.  Now this
time I will have a  Dixieland Band albeit a bit highbred no doubt.

We will arrive on Aug. 27th and be there until the 31st.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins