[Dixielandjazz] Re: Elevator music - Jazz?

rahberry at comcast.net rahberry at comcast.net
Fri Aug 11 08:36:07 PDT 2006

I'm out here, Larry, and I hear you.  I agree with every point you made.
I read two newspapers every morning and miss having an afternoon paper.  I always listen to NPR in the car.  I really listen when I go hear jazz, which is usually several times a week.
A few years ago I watched the movie "Aladdin" with a friend's small children and was appalled by the speed of the action.  Just when one was trying to focus on the details of the artists' ideas the scene would change.  I wondered at the time what all that speed was doing to childrens' ability to focus and attend.

I'm a news junkie and I get frustrated by the speed and lack of depth of cable news.  I don't understand how people who don't read newspapers and books know anything at all about the world.

Thanks for the opportunity to get this off my chest...

-- Rae Ann

From: "Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis" <larrys.bands at charter.net>