[Dixielandjazz] Bix Festival -- Miles & bix

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Thu Aug 10 13:54:35 PDT 2006

Mad Dawg poses the question:

"is there any evidence that Miles Davis was ever influenced by Bix?

IMHO- Of course he was.  I am sure that there are experts (music historians)
who could show proof.  However, any good musician has listened to everyone
who came before.  Miles would probably denigh it but I am sure, even maybe
in some small way, that Bix influlenced him.  Especially Bix's piano
compisitions as there harmonies were very modern for the time.

--Bob Ringwald