[Dixielandjazz] Bix Festival

Lowell Busching verbose at daktel.com
Thu Aug 10 12:58:01 PDT 2006

I enjoyed the music at this years Bix Festival especially with the All
Star mostly East Coast musicians brought in by Randy Sandke and Matt
Domber of Arbor Records. Both groups  included a "host" of stellar
players, whatever that phrase means.  Whatever it means, they were good.

The highlight of the weekend for me though was a question brought up to
the final symposium hosted by Randy himself with a number of Bix
experts.  Among other questions, one of the younger members of the
audience present, asked the historians and other experts present on
stage if there was any evidence that Miles Davis was ever influenced by
Bix?

I forget what the answers were. The question was enough. I had to leave
about that time. :-)

Does anyone on the list want to handle that question?

Mad Dawg