SPAM-LOW: [Dixielandjazz] Elevator Music - Jazz? + Strange Gigs

Mike Marois Mike.Marois at HireLIVEMusic.com
Fri Aug 11 05:38:20 PDT 2006

Hey All;

To link this thread with the Strange Gigs thread;

Back in the late 80's when I was employed by Disney down in Orlando, this
combo used to "appear" at the various Disney hotel properties' breakfasts
and do a live commercial for "Pleasure Island", Disney's version of Church
Street Station.  One morning on our way up to the Contemporary's Restaurant,
via the guest elevator, the three of us were armed with our instruments when
a guest couple got onto the elevator.  I don't know what prompted us but we
all three broke into "Girl from Ipanema" simultaneously.  When we reached
our destination we all disembarked from the elevator and the couple
commented, "jeez, this place takes entertainment seriously!"  That my
friends is the true definition of "Elevator Music!"

See ya,
Mike