[Dixielandjazz] Bix Festival

Mike mike at railroadstjazzwest.com
Thu Aug 10 17:19:49 PDT 2006

Miles Davis had always said that he was influenced by Dizzy
Gillespie(and Parker to a slightly lesser degree). I don't recall Bix
being an influence that he acknowledged. When he was a boy his mother
played him recording of Art Tatum & Duke Ellington.

Mike

Among other questions, one of the younger members of the