[Dixielandjazz] flatulence

dingle at baldwin-net.com dingle at baldwin-net.com
Mon Aug 7 20:54:02 PDT 2006

Bill Gunter wrote:

> Hello listmates
>
> Listmate Wiggnis chose to post (regarding this topic):
>
>> The honorable if not questionable Washboardist and from previous
>> posts on this subject I assume to be a farter extraordinaire Bill
>> Gunter would be the expert on that Gary, or at least he knows some
>> expert farters who even have a website as I recall.
>>
>> Enlighten us again Bill :))   That is if you still hang around with
>> those OLD FARTS
>

> 1. I am NOT a (pardon the expression) "farter" - let along a "farter
> extraordinaire!" My gastrointestinal habits are circumspect and beyond
> reproach!.
>
> 2. I defer to my hero in the area of gaseous anal discharges, Monseur
> Petomane
> ( http://www.johnbarber.com/pujol.html )  who is a gentleman of
> impeccable credentials in the discipline of controlled flatulence.
> Please click on the above cited URL for further information on this
> particular topic.
>
> 3. The "fart scene" in "Blazing Saddles" is but a pathetic and vulgar
> representation of the fine art of methane buildup and artistic
> emissions - without any rededeaming virtues whatsoever nor any claim
> to "sensitivity" in this genre.
>
> 4. While I certainly am an advocate of the artistic efforts of one of
> my heroes, Mel Brooks, I basically reject the notion that a fart is
> the equivalent of any of the so-called "fine arts."  Can your imagine
> the Mona Lisa or even the great Da Vinci "Vitruvian Man" as being the
> source of some noxious effluvium eminating from the subject? Never!!!
>
> Respectfully submitted,
>
> Bill "Never cuts the cheese" Gunter
> jazzboard at hotmail.com

Some, I am certain, Friar Bill, have heard or have copies of the parady
record made by some members of the WW II Armed Forces radio on air
talent called the Farting contrest.  Two announcers  described the event
as if covering a tennis or golf match. It was hilarious in its time --
and still is.
Don -- most people are born right-handed -- the truly gifted overcome it
-- Ingle