[Dixielandjazz] Super BBC Jazz & Popular Music Show now availble on the web

John Petters jdpetters at btinternet.com
Mon Aug 7 10:33:59 PDT 2006

Greetings folks,
I just had a call from my old pal, Paul Barnes informing me that his
unique Saturday night show, 'Gold For Grown-ups',  broadcast in the
Eastern region of the UK, is now available as a 'Listen Again' programme
on the web.

There is no other show quite like this on the BBC today. Paul's musical
policy covers jazz, big band, popular vocalists, some light music, but
most importantly, it is music of the highest quality.
Notably absent are the likes of the Beatles, Celine Dion, Abba, and
other fluff from the rock/pop era.

Barnsey also makes a point of playing new and current performers and was
the first broadcaster in the UK to feature Diana Krall.

He even occasionally plays some of my CDs!

This week's show includes tributes to Vic Dickinson and Louis Armstrong
and much more.

In an age when the BBC has dumbed itself almost out of existence as a
broadcaster of quality popular music and jazz, this treasure of a show
needs to be kept on the air.

So tune in and what's more let the Beeb know you are listening. Email
contact with Paul is  at Paul.barnes at bbc.co.uk and with the the powers
that be at the Beeb at norfolk at bbc.co.uk.
The link to the show is
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/networks/norfolk/aod.shtml?norfolk/paul_barnes_norfolk