[Dixielandjazz] "Day Before International Tuba Day Special" on KFJC 89.7FM May 4th (was: Dave Bargeron live with Jaco in Japan - 1982

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Fri Apr 28 10:23:12 PDT 2006

Don't forget Jon Sass!

I just got one of his CDs from a 1994 live concert with his group
HEAVY TUBA and it is Blues, OKOM Jazz, Rock, Classical, "Modern Jazz"
and "outside/alt.tuba"  and a very exciting performance. You can also
hear tracks from his most recent CD at http://www.jonsass.com (the
ones you can listen to for free are pretty "outside" but I like them ;-)

Along this thread, I will be doing my annual "Day Before
International Tuba Day Special" on KFJC 89.7FM this Thursday, May 4th
from 10AM to 2PM Pacific Daylight  Time - you can hear it live over
the internet by going to http://www.kfjc.org/netcast/index.php -
sorry, we still do not have archive availability.

Dave Richoux

BTW, here are links to playlists of previous Tuba Day shows I have done:
http://www.kfjc.org/music/playlist.php?i=11550
http://www.kfjc.org/music/playlist.php?i=9104
http://www.kfjc.org/music/playlist.php?i=4259
http://www.kfjc.org/music/playlist.php?i=1912