[Dixielandjazz] French Quarter Festival clip

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org
Tue Apr 25 13:48:51 PDT 2006

Do y'all know about youtube.com??  If you like video clips, you gotta
check it out.  I was looking up some tap dancing stuff for a tap
instructor over here and stumbled on this clip.  I don't know when the
clip was filmed, but it was added to YouTube on Apr 23.  The quality
isn't the best so I don't know who the musicians are.  Anyone know?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di4LL3ydbL0

If you like tap, here is some of the stuff I found.  First, here are
several clips with Fayard and Harold Nicholas

http://youtube.com/results?search=nicholas+brothers&search_type=search_videos&search=Search

And, then there is the 'Challenge Scene' from the 1989 film Tap with (in
order) Arthur Duncan, Bunny Briggs, Jimmy Slyde, Steve Condos, Harold
Nicholas, Sandman Sims and finally Sammy Davis, Jr. and Gregory Hines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNsCs03fBiQ

Pleasant viewing.

All the best, Gary