[Dixielandjazz] Sibelius scan program

Craig I. Johnson civanj at adelphia.net
Sun Apr 23 05:17:00 PDT 2006

Larry,
I use Photoscore pro all the time. I haven't used the lite version in quite
a while.
My results vary between 30% to 90% recognition, but I do NOT have it
recognize any characters, just the actual music (not even chord names)
It is a long way from a finished product and the manual entry is not
terrible,
but it is missing some of my favorite Sibelius abilities. I use it 4 2
reasons.
1) IF it recognizes even 60% it speeds up my entry. Correcting is faster
than entry
for me at least. 2) Even it it recognizes almost nothing, it does have the
feature
of showing the inital music above the entry staves and tracks your progress
measure
by measure as you enter manually. For me this is better than trying to
coordinate
what I am reading on the desk (or even in another window that doesn't track)

Vince Giordano recommended Sibelius to me, but he doesn't use Photoscore
because of the reasons stated above, He probably manually enters faster than
I do.

Regards,
Craig Johnson