[Dixielandjazz] Sibelius scan program

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Sat Apr 22 21:13:17 PDT 2006

Does anyone use the scan program that mates up with Sibelius?  They include a lite version and it's pretty much useless.  It won't even do a whole page.

Is the full version, the one that you spend a bunch of bucks for, any better?

Will it put in slash marks and register multiple bar rests and will it read the chord symbols?

I want to have the option to use a Tenor Sax rather than a Trombone and I need to transpose a lot of parts.  Oh and I'm a little bass clef challenged so I have to think what a note is which takes time.  I don't want do it a note at a time if I can help it.  It took me three hours to do the first one that way.  I imagine it will get faster with practice.

Larry
St. Louis