[Dixielandjazz] 1965 pay scale...

Stephen Heist steveheist at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 19 07:48:10 PDT 2006

Well, in '65, I was a year out of Kirkwood High School, and singing at the
Muny Opera as a chorus member for $80 a week...  My first weekly gig, as a
musician, was at that great institution of higher musical learning -
Shakey's (ta da) in St. Louis, about '68.  I remember I was thrilled to be
making union scale at the time - $7.00 an hour - a total of $28 a night!!!

Steve Heist
Pointe-des-Cascades, Quebec, Canada
(450) 424-7268

You can NOW visit my NEW website and check my schedule at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~steveheist/
Drop on by today!

The
(polite snip...)