[Dixielandjazz] American Idol - Redux

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Thu Apr 20 10:58:56 PDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: patcooke77 at yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] American Idol - Redux

    I've never watched "idol".   I have no plans to watch it.  Nowadays,
it's the
singers who are the "idols', and what they're doing is not what I would
call
singing.

Hi Pat, welcome back, you are dating yourself here mate. :))

 I remember when the band leader's name was on the record label in
large print, and all the sidemen's names in smaller print.  The
singer's name
was also in very small print, if it was mentioned at all.
  Pat C.

Yep those were the days  when playing music was a profession and a
job, and there was only ONE BOSS It was also a time when the record
labels were contracting Band Leaders and selling Bands rather than
individual Stars, then everybody wanted to get into the act. :))

Now everybody is a STAR   hence so  very many many All-Stars Bands.

American Idol just proves that ANYBODY can be a Star  if you
shamelessly promote yourself to stardom level, or can convince others
that you are a Star and deserve your name in large TYPE,  that usually
however came because the Buck Stopped there as well and the Band Leader
paid all the Bills.

Ahh but the times they have been a changing,

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins