[Dixielandjazz] Later Evolution Songs was Scopes Trial Songs

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 12 13:17:46 PDT 2006

David Richoux <tubaman at tubatoast.com> wrote (polite snip)

> Turk Murphy did a vocal version of "Evolution Mama" ( as did a lot of
> other groups, but his comes to mind first...)

Good one Dave. Below are some more recent songs about Evolution that relate
to the Scopes Trial

Part Man, Part Monkey, Bruce Springsteen
Gentle Arms of Eden, Dave Carter & Tracy Grammer
I Come From Water, The Toadies
Do the Evolution, Pearl Jam
Evolution, Motorhead
Bad Touch, Bloodhound Gang
F*** the Creationists, MC Hawking
What We Need More Of Is Science, MC Hawking
It's a long way to Amphioxus (don't know who recorded it if anybody)

Cheers,
Steve