[Dixielandjazz] Don Goldie

Stan Brager sbrager at socal.rr.com
Tue Apr 11 13:12:34 PDT 2006

Steve;

Don was an excellent trumpeter whether playing jazz or whatever. He has been
compared to Billy Butterfield. His father, Harry Goldfield, was a
well-regarded trumpeter in the Paul Whiteman band and was there when Bix was
in the band.

He was born in 1930 and died 65 years later in 1995.

After leaving Teagarden, Don made several albums under his own name and a
few of them are available on CD. I recommend Don's Jazzology CD "Dangerous
Jazz Band" which consists of sessions recorded in 1982 and 1988.

Don also played in the bands of Neal Hefti and Joe Mooney.

I hope this helps.

Stan
Stan Brager