[Dixielandjazz] Don Goldie

Steve & Cathy Pendleton bestofbreed at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 11 06:45:40 PDT 2006

Don Goldie's name came up on the list recently.   I became
acquainted with his playing on "The Complete Roulette" boxed set of
Jack Teagarden's 1959-60's group.  I listen to those CD's every few
months.  I especially admire his taking big risks with very
difficult passages.  He does not always pull them off perfectly, but
his performance has (had) to endear him to any audience that heard
him and appreciated his sheer guts.

Is he still with us?  On what other recordings does he play?  I am a
(kinda) trombone player but a huge fan of his cornet.

Steve Pendleton