[Dixielandjazz] Re: Question for Bill Haesler

Anton Crouch anton.crouch at optusnet.com.au
Mon Apr 10 18:59:35 PDT 2006

Hello Bill, Bob and DJMLers

The problem with "reliable sources" is that, often, another one can be
found that shows different information   :-)

I'm happy with the conclusion that the title of Victor V38557-A is "HEY! I
AM BLUE" (note capitalisation) but Dixon, Godrich and Rye ("Blues and
gospel records", 1997) show it as "Hey! Am I Blue" (page 367).

Bob, go with "HEY! I AM BLUE" - that's the way it's shown in Laurie
Wright's "The Jug Bands of Louisville" (1993). This compilation is based on
the pioneering work of Fred Cox and the precision of the entries engenders
confidence.

Pick, pick   :-)

Anton