[Dixielandjazz] Re: Clifford Hayes (was Question for Bill Haesler)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Apr 10 23:48:11 PDT 2006

> The problem with "reliable sources" is that, often, another one can be found
that shows different information   :-)  <

Dear Anton (and Bob),
How true.
I didn't check the latest Dixon, Godrich and Rye ("Blues and Gospel
Records", 1997) as the previous edition (I have both) did not list the
sessions with Hines and referred the reader back to Rust's 'Jazz Records'.
I assumed (which we must never do) that the latest edition would have done
the same.
The last two editions of Rust and his 'Victor Master Book' correctly cite
the title "Hey! Am I Blue".
As does my Victor 38000 (Race series) listing.
Unfortunately, the Tom Lord Discography has it wrong.
Kind regards,
Bill.