[Dixielandjazz] Music on the Streets?

Cebuisle2 at aol.com Cebuisle2 at aol.com
Sat Apr 8 17:42:17 PDT 2006

Hey guys-

One of my most memorable experiences on the Long Island  Railroad (and I have
several, not all good) was a strolling (if that is the  word on a rocking
train car) duo of jazz musicians, one with trumpet and one  with tenor sax. They
walked through the cars headed for the Big Apple playing  Christmas music with
a beat.The other passengers ignored them, (you know the  attitude, eyes
straight ahead. ) Their efforts made my day and I dropped a fiver  in the
unobtrusive bucket they carried. At no time did they try to hit anyone up  for a
donation, and seemed happy with what they were doing..

My hat is off to all street musicians (and those that ride  trains)

                     ted