[Dixielandjazz] European Band not playing in America / AmericanBands not playing in America

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Fri Apr 7 11:41:19 PDT 2006

Post script:   Occasionally we are inundated by Indians from South America
and their drums and flutes.  They sell lots of CD's standing in the middle
of malls and other places.  Most have a pretty good act and seem to do well
but then again their standards might not be as high.

Last summer I was in Frankfort and saw several groups performing on the
street and doing pretty well selling CD's but again they had a pretty good
act and were worth the price of a CD. (15 Euro).  I would think that a Dixie
group with a stack of CD's would do very well even without a club Gig.  I'm
sure that it's not all that simple but looked do able and would certainly
make a couple of weeks vacation in Europe a lot cheaper for a band so
inclined.

Larry Walton
St. Louis.