[Dixielandjazz] Music education foundation?

Dophin88 at aol.com Dophin88 at aol.com
Tue Sep 27 08:34:09 PDT 2005

Hello,

I enjoy reading the digest, and it dawns on me some of you may have ideas for
me about the following project I've been working on, without satisfaction:

My father, a Dixieland jazz lover and player, is looking for a good music
charity to put in his will.   He contacted VH1's "Save the Music" and Jazz at
Lincoln Center's educational component (I forget its name), but they didn't write
him back, which infuriated him, so I think they're out of the question!

Any ideas for a worthy charity - for example, one that that helps
underpriviledged kids acquire and learn an instrument, go to concerts, etc...   Music has
been such a huge part of his life, so he wants to pass it on...   (He's
already passed it on to me - I'm a professional musician.)

Thanks so much!
Sally