[Dixielandjazz] Where was the jazz?

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 26 16:49:53 PDT 2005

About 15 years ago my wife and I had breakfast in a cafe in the French
Quarter...when I got the bill on my credit card several weeks later, they
had charged me twice for it...swore it was an accident, of course! All we
heard on that trip was Preservation Hall, and a bunch of VERY loud Rock
Bands...oh yes! A very good street band playing OKOM...11 year old trumpet
player took the tin bucket around to everyone, and it filled up fast! They
were making a TON of $$ more than the loud bands I'll wager! There weren't
many people in the clubs the night before...although Preservation Hall was
packed every performance!
Why don't those people catch on? Because they don't know our old music
probably!
Bob Romans