[Dixielandjazz] tempos

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sat Sep 24 02:35:35 PDT 2005

Tempos vary from night to night, thank goodness!  It's fun to do tunes at
different tempos.  It is correct to say that some tunes fit tempo changes
better than others.  Back Home Again in Indiana can be played as a medium
swing or an up tempo and sound great both ways, as an example.  Depends on
the mood.

Mood effects a lot of it, and so does the coffee.  Especially if you drink
the expressos we have over here! The band shudders if they see me ordering
my second "solo" (black expresso) as a chaser to the first one just before a
set. "Put on your sweat bands, fellows!"    :>

Jim