[Dixielandjazz] Cool Edit

John Farrell stridepiano at tesco.net
Fri Sep 23 09:42:04 PDT 2005

Earlier this year I went through the trauma of a hard drive crash,
thankfully most of my music files were recovered but I lost a program - Cool
Edit - which enabled me to play analog tapes/LPs into my PC, convert them to
WAV files and burn CDs. Since my (quite expensive) purchase some time ago
ownership of this program has changed hands, it has proved impossible to get
any meaningful response from the new owners about replacing my loss and I
have now given up trying.

I am reluctant to spend another chunk of money on buying something for which
I have already paid, so does anyone know of a freeware/shareware program
with similar capabilities which I could download?

John Farrell