[Dixielandjazz] Cool Edit

dingle at baldwin-net.com dingle at baldwin-net.com
Fri Sep 23 13:14:10 PDT 2005

John Farrell wrote:

>Earlier this year I went through the trauma of a hard drive crash,
>thankfully most of my music files were recovered but I lost a program - Cool
>Edit - which enabled me to play analog tapes/LPs into my PC, convert them to
>WAV files and burn CDs. Since my (quite expensive) purchase some time ago
>ownership of this program has changed hands, it has proved impossible to get
>any meaningful response from the new owners about replacing my loss and I
>have now given up trying.
>
>I am reluctant to spend another chunk of money on buying something for which
>I have already paid, so does anyone know of a freeware/shareware program
>with similar capabilities which I could download?
>
>John Farrell
>http://homepages.tesco.net/~stridepiano/midifiles.htm

I use two programs that allow me to burn analog to digital in my
computer -- Nero Suite and  Roxio Creator 7.
I do my mising and other equalizing tunng first then use either program
to burn the CD. Easier than using the rather time consuming
work in the program. I use both for different situations. Neither is too
expensive in US dollars. And they are easy to use to start with.
The Cool Edit program was bought by Adobe which automatically made it
more costly than the earlier versions. You might trying buying an OEM
version that comes bundled with some computers. I bought a Version 7
Photo Shop  in a OEM - no manual but the directions are in the help area
of the program. Otherwise the same as the higher over the counter
version. Savings, about $350 US dollars. (You might try getting a
student at some recognized school to buy the student version if offered.
A simlar discount.)
But you can do a lot with the first two mentioned and a lot less $$ or
pounds/euro than the Adobe Cool Edit.
Don Ingle