[Dixielandjazz] Re: Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 33, Issue 48

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sat Sep 24 04:14:36 PDT 2005

Starwaterlogo (for lack of a known name!) wrote:
Horn based bands like Chicago, Tower of Power, BS&T  and briefly Chase, used
to rule the airwaves.

Wow!  I can't believe I've seen the name "Chase" again.  If my memory serves
me right, this was a band front lined by about 5 fantastic trumpeters, and
backed by a rhythm section.  Am I right, Star?  If so, I had an LP of them
which I loaned out to somebody (never, ever do that!), and which I no longer
have, of course!

If we're talking about the same band, all the trumpeters were killed in an
air crash while flying to a gig.  The rhythm section wasn't on the plane.

Now that I think about it (this is a bad joke...), it was probably the
rhythm guys that caused the accident.  I mean, who on earth could live with
FIVE trumpeters?

Jim