[Dixielandjazz] PBS Concert and New Orleans music

Hal Vickery hvickery at svs.com
Tue Sep 20 17:54:58 PDT 2005

Speaking strictly as a listener, I couldn't agree with you more.  My
favorite musicians are Louis Armstrong, Bix Beiderbecke, Coleman Hawkins,
Lester Young, Charlie Parker, Dizzy Gillespie, Sonny Rollins, and Gene
Harris.  One of the best concerts I ever went to was a Chicago blues concert
in which the star attraction was Otis Rush.  I like the Beatles and the
Stones.  I like Motown.  I like Bach.  It's MUSIC.  If it speaks to me, I
enjoy it.

Hal Vickery