[Dixielandjazz] PBS Concert and New Orleans music

Louis Lince louislince at neworleansmusic.demon.co.uk
Tue Sep 20 08:49:24 PDT 2005

David,

I have tried not to get drawn into this one, but the time has come to state
my $0.02 worth. It's ALL music. I am a professional musician and I play with
my bands and others. If the audience don't like the music we make they can
walk away and not return. We perform a in variety of styles and to date they
keep on coming back...whether it's "Moldy" music or Electric Blues. Listen
to it all and make your own judgement.

I love listening to A.J.Piron, King Oliver, the 1940s revivalists and beyond
in the "OKOM" genre. Also I listen to Muddy Waters and BB King. To say
nothing of the MJQ and Charlie Parker. No-one can say that one musical form
is intrinsically superior to another. What one can say is that  "Style X is
my kind of music" without denigrating other styles.

Sermon now over. With the results of Katrina now so very apparent we should
all pull together.

Louis