[Dixielandjazz] Al Hirt - Memories Of You URL

Bob Romans cellblk7 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 18 08:37:36 PDT 2005

NO trumpet player, IMHO as a trumpet player, ever played like Al Hirt! I
heard him in person at "The Cloisters" in Hollywood in 1961...several
times.....I as sitting about 10 feet away from that bell of his trumpet, and
couldn't believe my ears! That was about the time he was appearing on the
Dinah Shore Chevrolet TV show. (See the USA, in your Chevrolet!)
I still have about 6 of his LPs stacked away. If I listen to them now, I'll
never want to pick up my horn again...
Warm regards,
Bob Romans,
Cell Block 7 Jazz Band