[Dixielandjazz] Second Line

PATRICK LADD pj.ladd at btinternet.com
Sat Sep 17 02:58:48 PDT 2005

if they get to some topic you know something about they
usually get it wrong on some particular detail(s)?>>

Hi Dave,
not usually . Always.

It gives one pause to think that their flair for getting things wrong
permeates all the other items which they report. All the items which you
cannot correct from personal knowledge.

I used to fly gliders. Gliders regularly land at places other than
airports,in  farmers fields etc as a matter of general course. Every
newspaper report always headlines `GLIDER CRASHES`.
When I was Secretary of my Gliding Club I personally contacted the editors
of the local papers, radio staion etc., and suggested that if there was an
incident I could give them the correct story..  Not one of them ever did.
Its just easier to run a  GLIDER CRASHES headline than to take the trouble
to report things correctly.
Cheers

Pat