[Dixielandjazz] Tipitinas.com

Nancy Giffin NANCYink at surewest.net
Thu Sep 15 19:10:43 PDT 2005

I¹m trying to find Web sites that benefit N.O. musicians.
So far, one that stands out is <http://www.tipitinas.com/>
PLEASE LET ME KNOW OF ANY OTHERS that are comparable.
Love and hugs,
Nancy

An example of what can be found at this site:

-- The Tipitina's Foundation, in the wake of the devastation caused by
Hurricane Katrina, is committed to saving the culture of New Orleans. The
first step we are taking is to locate all New Orleans artists and their
families and then find housing for those who need it. We are also developing
an ever-expanding database of people throughout the country who are ready
and willing to give our artists a temporary home or other support.

> ARTIST DIRECTORY
> DONOR DIRECTORY ­ postings from all over the country offering housing,
clothing, work, medical help, etc.
> MISSING ARTIST DIRECTORY --
> Also: NOLAGIGS.ORG, a searchable database of gigs being offered
to the musicians by venues across the country.
<http://www.nolagigs.org/>
> Also: NYC for NOLA. A New York-based database of housing,
equipment and help for New Orleans musicians relocating to New York.
<http://www.artformusic.org/wegotyourback/>

-- Meanwhile, we are actively seeking donations to provide our music
community in exile with whatever resources they need to survive, including
clothes, gigs, instruments and options for resettlement. Donations can be
mailed to:
Tipitina's Foundation
1251 North Ardenwood Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70806.

Or  make an online donation via MusicToday (Tipitina's ticketing agent) by
clicking on the link provided at the site.

Louisiana Lt. Governor Mitch Landrieu has stated,
"By lifting up Louisiana musicians, the Tipitina¹s Foundation
is helping to create a better life for all of us."