[Dixielandjazz] New Orleans Musicians Appeal Fund

postmaster at clevedonjazzclub.co.uk postmaster at clevedonjazzclub.co.uk
Sun Sep 11 01:15:53 PDT 2005

Castaway News Mailing List

Hi

This notice is forwarded on behalf of NOMAF. Their website is up and working at www.nomaf.org The Bank account will be open next week and they we will add the sort code and account number then. Their intentions are simply as per following notice and they would be grateful for any contributions.

New Orleans Musicians Appeal Fund

"Greenfield", Fordingbridge Road, Alderholt, FORDINGBRIDGE, Hampshire, SP6 3BB

Telephone & Fax 01425 655631 (Office) 07966 451124 (Mobile)

Trustees: Chris Walker, Tim Eyles, and Paul McKenna

PLEASE HELP

You will, no doubt, have been following the awful news from the city of New Orleans and the surrounding areas since the advent of Hurricane Katrina. Many of us have been discussing what can best be done from over here in the UK. A variety of suggestions have been made. There seems to be a ground swell of opinion that any donations gathered up here should NOT be channelled through the established charities, which seem to spend a tremendous amount of their funds in "administration". However, a charity has been set up via a "Treasurers account" (free of charges), which, in the main, will direct any funds directly to the New Orleans Jazz Musicians most in need.

This charity has been formed with the specific aim of DIRECTLY supporting Jazz Musicians in the city of New Orleans, who have lost their livelihoods through the loss of many of the venues in which they used to perform.

I commend this charity to one and all and ask that if you wish to make a donation (however large or small) to send your cheques etc, payable to NOMAF.

ALL DONATIONS WILL BE GRATEFULLY RECEIVED

(And they will deduct NOTHING for administration)

Their e-mail address is: -

 info at nomaf.org

Their registered office is: -

"Greenfield", Hampshire,SP6 3BB

Telephone & Fax: 01425 655631 (Office) 07966 451124 (Mobile)

The trustees of the fund will be: - Chris Walker, Tim Eyles & Paul McKenna, who are respectively a local musician and broadcaster, a trumpeter and local registrar. and a drummer and an officer of The South East division of The Musicians Union

Please do support this very worthy cause. We have all benefited from the music and culture of New Orleans and now is the time to pay something back in their hour of need.

Thank you and best wishes

I would like to take this opportunity, on behalf of Castaway News and Clevedon Jazz Club, to thank Chris - who's band, 'The Chris Walker Swingtet' can be heard at Clevedon Jazz Club on 27 October - and his friends Tim and Paul, for putting together this project on behalf of the British jazz scene.

Trevor Tomasin

'phone (44) 0700 5806 252

fax (44) 0700 5806 253

www.clevedonjazzclub.co.uk for details of Clevedon Jazz Club www.castaway.clevedonjazzclub.co.uk for Castaway News - Clevedon Jazz Club's Newsletter.