[Dixielandjazz] Playing with Jonathan

Steve barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 10 17:44:27 PDT 2005

Wow, what a day today at the Horse Show. Jonathan, superb as usual. Blew the
minds of quite a few in the audience who came there to see horses and
carriages, not some little kid improvising jazz with a bunch of old men.

We traded 8's, 4's, 2's, and 1's with him on several songs. What fun. I must
warn those bands he will play with at Sun Coast Festival in Clearwater; Look
out, Ed Polcer has been teaching him a few tricks about trading.

Highlight for this old man? When he sang "I Want A Little Girl" in his
soprano voice to an 11 year old girl . . . Oh my, wish I was really 17. The
kid is getting more and more fan mail from young girls . . . sigh.

Cheers,
Steve