[Dixielandjazz] Pronunciation of "Biloxi"

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Mon Sep 5 19:36:46 PDT 2005

I have only heard is as "buh LUX see" (sort of rhymes with De-lux-see)
or [bilŭk'sç] from any part of the South I have been in.

nothing with Lox - that is a New York deli thang...

Dave Richoux
(and don't be ax'in me about New Orleans pronunciations - my father's
roots were Cajun but I didn't learn much from my Gran'ma in
Lockport...)